You can email me at email@example.com with comments, suggestions, and even criticisms (for an extra charge).
4 responses to “Contact Deadwrite”
“Modern Times” Monument – Paid in Full!After much hard work, our fundraising efforts for the "Modern Times" monument have finally paid off! Thanks to your generosity, we have fully paid off the beautiful black marble marker created by the talented Charles and Maria Sotelo, owners of High Desert Monuments in Hesperia, California. The Sotelos donated 100% of the labor required to create the beautiful black marble monument, and took it on faith that the money to pay for the materials would somehow materialize. Thank you all for your support and contributions to help pay these kind people for their belief in us! We are continuing our fundraising efforts to pay for the stand that will house the marker on Sierra Highway. We will post fundraising events as they come about. Again, thank you all for your support, and Maria and Charlie Sotelo for their patience and passion for film entertainment history!
Click here to get my blog on Kindle:
To purchase my book, “Images of America: Early Warner Bros. Studios,” click here:
Search My Site
The Santa Clarita Valley Guide – Everything Happening in Santa Clarita:
- At the Birth of a Legend, Part 2
- At the Birth of a Legend
- A New Birth of Freedom
- M*A*S*H Today
- The Shy Stooge
- Occupy Chuck
- Post-“Modern Times”
- The Day Movies Learned to Speak
- July Stories
- Howard the Odd Duck
- Carnival of Souls
- Michael and Farrah in the Santa Clarita Valley
- I Predict He’ll Be a Big Star
- The Big Man and The Boss
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 3
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 2
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 1
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 2
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 1
- U.S. warship downs Iranian passenger jet February 9, 2010In the Persian Gulf, the U.S. Navy cruiser Vincennes shoots down an Iranian passenger jet that it mistakes for a hostile Iranian fighter aircraft. Two missiles were fired from the American warship—the aircraft was hit, and all 290 people aboard were killed. The attack came near the end of the ...
- Battle of Gettysburg ends November 24, 2009On the third day of the Battle of Gettysburg, Confederate General Robert E. Lee’s last attempt at breaking the Union line ends in disastrous failure, bringing the most decisive battle of the American Civil War to an end. In June 1863, following his masterful victory at the Battle of ...
- President Eisenhower initiates federal flood-control program November 16, 2009On July 3, 1958, President Dwight D. Eisenhower signs the Rivers and Harbors Flood Control Bill, which allocates funds to improve flood-control and water-storage systems across the country. Eisenhower had sent back two earlier bills to Congress, but was pleased with the revisions included in Senate ...
- Idaho becomes 43rd state November 16, 2009Idaho is admitted to the union on July 3, 1890. Exploration of the North American continent mostly proceeded inward from the Atlantic and Pacific coasts and northward from Spanish Mexico. Therefore, the rugged territory that would become Idaho long remained untouched by Spanish, French, ...
- Gunfighter Clay Allison killed November 16, 2009Clay Allison, eccentric gunfighter and rancher, is believed to have died on July 3, 1887, in a freak wagon accident in Texas. Born around 1840 in Waynesboro, Tennessee, Allison seemed to display odd tendencies from a young age. When the Civil War broke out, he joined the Confederate Army but ...
- Brian Jones and Jim Morrison die, two years apart to the day November 16, 2009Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones is found dead of an apparent accidental drowning on July 3, 1969. Two years later to the day, in 1971, Jim Morrison dies of heart failure in a Paris bathtub. For all the highly publicized brushes with the law that Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would have in the ...
- Pilgrim stampede kills 1,400 November 13, 2009A stampede of religious pilgrims in a pedestrian tunnel in Mecca leaves more than 1,400 people dead on July 3, 1990. This was at the time the most deadly of a series of incidents over 20 years affecting Muslims making the trip to Mecca. To the followers of Islam, traveling to Mecca in Saudi ...
- A mother is arrested and accused of killing her four children November 13, 2009Martha Ann Johnson is arrested in Georgia for the 1982 murder of her oldest child, Jennyann Wright, after an Atlanta newspaper initiated a new investigation into her suspicious death. Johnson’s three other children had also mysteriously died between 1977 and 1982. Back in September 1977, Johnson ...
- George Washington takes command of Continental Army November 13, 2009On July 3, 1775, George Washington rides out in front of the American troops gathered at Cambridge common in Massachusetts and draws his sword, formally taking command of the Continental Army. Washington, a prominent Virginia planter and veteran of the French and Indian War, had been appointed ...
- Mohammed V, sultan of Turkey, dies November 5, 2009On July 3, 1918, with Turkish forces in the final months of fighting against the Allied powers during World War I, Mohammed V, sultan of the Ottoman Empire, dies at the age of 73. Born in 1844 in Constantinople, Mohammed ascended to the throne in 1909 after the forced abdication of his elder ...
- U.S. warship downs Iranian passenger jet February 9, 2010
Tagsabraham lincoln academy awards assassination baseball baseball hall of fame beatles broncho billy anderson buddy holly cemetery chaplinfest charlie chaplin cholame civil war clark gable cowboy festival d.w. griffith douglas fairbanks early warner bros. studios ed sullivan ed wood elvis presley essanay studios eternal valley cemetery forest lawn cemetery forest lawn hollywood hills gene autry gene vincent george harrison ghosts grave graveyards gunsmoke haunted hollywood hollywood forever cemetery hollywood walk of fame james dean james dean crash jfk john lennon john wayne ken kesey keystone studios leonard maltin mack sennett marilyn monroe mary pickford melissa fitzgerald melody ranch michael jackson modern times newhall Newhallywood one flew over the cuckoo's nest paul mccartney pearl harbor plan nine from outer space ramona rock and roll hall of fame rudolph valentino santa clarita santa clarita valley silent films star trek steven spielberg suicide tor johnson u.s. presidents vampira vasquez rocks walt disney warner bros. warner bros. studios westerns william s. hart