You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, suggestions, and even criticisms (for an extra charge).
4 responses to “Contact Deadwrite”
“Modern Times” Monument – Paid in Full!After much hard work, our fundraising efforts for the "Modern Times" monument have finally paid off! Thanks to your generosity, we have fully paid off the beautiful black marble marker created by the talented Charles and Maria Sotelo, owners of High Desert Monuments in Hesperia, California. The Sotelos donated 100% of the labor required to create the beautiful black marble monument, and took it on faith that the money to pay for the materials would somehow materialize. Thank you all for your support and contributions to help pay these kind people for their belief in us! We are continuing our fundraising efforts to pay for the stand that will house the marker on Sierra Highway. We will post fundraising events as they come about. Again, thank you all for your support, and Maria and Charlie Sotelo for their patience and passion for film entertainment history!
Click here to get my blog on Kindle:
To purchase my book, “Images of America: Early Warner Bros. Studios,” click here:
Search My Site
The Santa Clarita Valley Guide – Everything Happening in Santa Clarita:
- At the Birth of a Legend, Part 2
- At the Birth of a Legend
- A New Birth of Freedom
- M*A*S*H Today
- The Shy Stooge
- Occupy Chuck
- Post-“Modern Times”
- The Day Movies Learned to Speak
- July Stories
- Howard the Odd Duck
- Carnival of Souls
- Michael and Farrah in the Santa Clarita Valley
- I Predict He’ll Be a Big Star
- The Big Man and The Boss
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 3
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 2
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 1
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 2
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 1
- Avatar makes its world premiere December 5, 2011On this day in 2009, “Avatar,” a 3-D science-fiction epic helmed by “Titanic” director James Cameron, makes its world debut in London and goes on to become the highest-grossing movie in history. Starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana and Sigourney Weaver, the box-office mega-hit was praised for its ...
- Treaty of Paris ends Spanish-American War February 9, 2010In France, the Treaty of Paris is signed, formally ending the Spanish-American War and granting the United States its first overseas empire. The Spanish-American War had its origins in the rebellion against Spanish rule that began in Cuba in 1895. The repressive measures that Spain took to suppress ...
- Sex scandal involving Arkansas politician February 9, 2010Representative Wilbur D. Mills, a Democrat from Arkansas, resigns as chairman of the Ways and Means Committee in the aftermath of the first truly public sex scandal in American politics. On October 7, 1974, at 2 a.m., Mills was stopped by Washington park police while driving at night with his ...
- Bunche receives Nobel Peace Prize February 9, 2010For his peace mediation during the first Arab-Israeli war, American diplomat Ralph Joseph Bunche receives the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway. Bunche was the first African American to win the prestigious award. Born in Detroit, Michigan, in 1904, he entered the field of U.S. diplomacy while ...
- First Nobel Prizes awarded November 24, 2009The first Nobel Prizes are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden, in the fields of physics, chemistry, medicine, literature, and peace. The ceremony came on the fifth anniversary of the death of Alfred Nobel, the Swedish inventor of dynamite and other high explosives. In his will, Nobel directed that the ...
- Japan becomes master of the Pacific and South China Sea November 16, 2009On this day, 4,000 Japanese troops land on the Philippine Islands, while Japanese aircraft sink the British warships Prince of Wales and Repulse. Guam, an American-controlled territory, was also seized. British Prime Minister Winston Churchill finally exclaims, “We have lost control of the sea.” ...
- Calley trial defense begins November 16, 2009The defense opens its case in the murder trial of Lt. William Calley. Charged with six specifications of premeditated murder, Calley was a platoon leader in Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry, 11th Infantry Brigade (Light) of the 23rd (Americal) Division. He was tried because of his ...
- Breakthrough appears near in Paris peace talks November 16, 2009Technical experts on both sides begin work on the language of a proposed peace accord, giving rise to hope that a final agreement is near. A peace agreement was signed on January 23, 1973. The peace agreement came out of secret negotiations National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger was conducting ...
- LaDainian Tomlinson breaks single-season touchdown record November 16, 2009On December 10, 2006, the San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson racks up his 29th touchdown of the year, breaking the National Football League (NFL) record for touchdowns scored during a single season. Born in 1979, Tomlinson was selected by the Chargers in the first round of the NFL ...
- Wilson awarded Nobel Peace Prize November 16, 2009On this day in 1920, the Nobel Prize for Peace is awarded to U.S. President Woodrow Wilson for his work in ending the First World War and creating the League of Nations. Although Wilson could not attend the award ceremony in Oslo, Norway, the U.S. Ambassador to Norway, Albert Schmedeman, delivered ...
- Avatar makes its world premiere December 5, 2011
Tagsabraham lincoln academy awards assassination baseball baseball hall of fame beatles broncho billy anderson buddy holly cemetery chaplinfest charlie chaplin cholame civil war clark gable cowboy festival d.w. griffith douglas fairbanks early warner bros. studios ed sullivan ed wood elvis presley essanay studios eternal valley cemetery forest lawn cemetery forest lawn hollywood hills gene autry gene vincent george harrison ghosts grave graveyards gunsmoke haunted hollywood hollywood forever cemetery hollywood walk of fame james dean james dean crash jfk john lennon john wayne ken kesey keystone studios leonard maltin mack sennett marilyn monroe mary pickford melissa fitzgerald melody ranch michael jackson modern times newhall Newhallywood one flew over the cuckoo's nest paul mccartney pearl harbor plan nine from outer space ramona rock and roll hall of fame rudolph valentino santa clarita santa clarita valley silent films star trek steven spielberg suicide tor johnson u.s. presidents vampira vasquez rocks walt disney warner bros. warner bros. studios westerns william s. hart