You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with comments, suggestions, and even criticisms (for an extra charge).
4 responses to “Contact Deadwrite”
“Modern Times” Monument – Paid in Full!After much hard work, our fundraising efforts for the "Modern Times" monument have finally paid off! Thanks to your generosity, we have fully paid off the beautiful black marble marker created by the talented Charles and Maria Sotelo, owners of High Desert Monuments in Hesperia, California. The Sotelos donated 100% of the labor required to create the beautiful black marble monument, and took it on faith that the money to pay for the materials would somehow materialize. Thank you all for your support and contributions to help pay these kind people for their belief in us! We are continuing our fundraising efforts to pay for the stand that will house the marker on Sierra Highway. We will post fundraising events as they come about. Again, thank you all for your support, and Maria and Charlie Sotelo for their patience and passion for film entertainment history!
Click here to get my blog on Kindle:
To purchase my book, “Images of America: Early Warner Bros. Studios,” click here:
Search My Site
The Santa Clarita Valley Guide – Everything Happening in Santa Clarita:
- At the Birth of a Legend, Part 2
- At the Birth of a Legend
- A New Birth of Freedom
- M*A*S*H Today
- The Shy Stooge
- Occupy Chuck
- Post-“Modern Times”
- The Day Movies Learned to Speak
- July Stories
- Howard the Odd Duck
- Carnival of Souls
- Michael and Farrah in the Santa Clarita Valley
- I Predict He’ll Be a Big Star
- The Big Man and The Boss
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 3
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 2
- Down the Road to Eternity, Part 1
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 2
- "Be-Bop-A-Newhall," Part 1
- U.S. hockey team beats the Soviets in the 'Miracle on Ice' February 22, 2019In one of the most dramatic upsets in Olympic history, the underdog U.S. hockey team, made up of college players, defeats the four-time defending gold-medal winning Soviet team at the XIII Olympic Winter Games in Lake Placid, New York. The Soviet squad, previously regarded as the finest in the ...
- 'El Chapo,' the World’s most-wanted drug kingpin, is captured in Mexico August 4, 2014On this day in 2014, one of the world’s most-wanted criminals, Joaquin “El Chapo” (“Shorty”) Guzman Loera, head of the Sinaloa cartel, the world’s biggest drug trafficking organization, is arrested in a joint U.S.-Mexican operation in Mazatlán, Mexico, after outrunning law enforcement for more than ...
- Battle of Buena Vista begins July 21, 2010During the Mexican-American War, Mexican General Santa Anna surrounds the outnumbered forces of U.S. General Zachary Taylor at the Angostura Pass in Mexico and demands an immediate surrender. Taylor refused, allegedly replying, “Tell him to go to hell,” and early the next morning Santa Anna ...
- Suharto takes full power in Indonesia July 21, 2010On February 22, 1967, Indonesian President Sukarno surrenders all executive authority to military dictator General Haji Mohammad Suharto, remaining president in title only. In 1965, Suharto, a senior army officer, narrowly saved Sukarno from a communist coup. In the aftermath, he moved to replace ...
- The U.S. acquires Spanish Florida February 9, 2010Spanish minister Do Luis de Onis and U.S. Secretary of State John Quincy Adams sign the Florida Purchase Treaty, in which Spain agrees to cede the remainder of its old province of Florida to the United States. Spanish colonization of the Florida peninsula began at St. Augustine in 1565. The Spanish ...
- Tet Offensive ends February 9, 2010The American war effort in Vietnam was hit hard by the North Vietnamese Tet Offensive, which ended on this day in 1968. Claims by President Lyndon Johnson that the offensive was a complete failure were misleading. Though the North Vietnamese death toll was 20 times that of its enemies, strongholds ...
- President Roosevelt to MacArthur: Get out of the Philippines November 16, 2009On this day, President Franklin D. Roosevelt orders Gen. Douglas MacArthur out of the Philippines, as the American defense of the islands collapses. The Philippines had been part of the American commonwealth since it was ceded by Spain at the close of the Spanish-American War. When the Japanese ...
- Westmoreland asks for Marines November 16, 2009General William Westmoreland, commander of Military Assistance Command Vietnam, cables Washington, D.C., to request that two battalions of U.S. Marines be sent to protect the U.S. airbase at Da Nang. Ambassador Maxwell Taylor, aware of Westmoreland’s plan, disagreed and cabled President Lyndon B. ...
- Operation Junction City begins November 16, 2009Operation Junction City is launched to ease pressure on Saigon. It was an effort to smash the Viet Cong’s stronghold in Tay Ninh Province and surrounding areas along the Cambodian border northwest of Saigon. The purpose of the operation was to drive the Viet Cong away from populated areas and into ...
- U.S. hockey pulls off Miracle on Ice November 16, 2009On this day in 1980, the U.S. men’s hockey team pulls off one of the biggest upsets in sports history with a 4-3 victory over the heavily favored Soviet Union at the Winter Olympics in Lake Placid, New York. Two days later, the Americans went on to beat Finland and take home the gold medal. Going ...
- U.S. hockey team beats the Soviets in the 'Miracle on Ice' February 22, 2019
Tagsabraham lincoln academy awards assassination baseball baseball hall of fame beatles broncho billy anderson buddy holly cemetery chaplinfest charlie chaplin cholame civil war clark gable cowboy festival d.w. griffith douglas fairbanks early warner bros. studios ed sullivan ed wood elvis presley essanay studios eternal valley cemetery forest lawn cemetery forest lawn hollywood hills gene autry gene vincent george harrison ghosts grave graveyards gunsmoke haunted hollywood hollywood forever cemetery hollywood walk of fame james dean james dean crash jfk john lennon john wayne ken kesey keystone studios leonard maltin mack sennett marilyn monroe mary pickford melissa fitzgerald melody ranch michael jackson modern times newhall Newhallywood one flew over the cuckoo's nest paul mccartney pearl harbor plan nine from outer space ramona rock and roll hall of fame rudolph valentino santa clarita santa clarita valley silent films star trek steven spielberg suicide tor johnson u.s. presidents vampira vasquez rocks walt disney warner bros. warner bros. studios westerns william s. hart